Monday, March 24, 2008

Lenten Trail Mix

Lent is not a good time for me. No meat on Fridays. I loathe seafood--leftover from a childhood battle with my mom and Mrs. Paul's fish sticks. Certain veggies like lettuce are a waste of space. I mean, come on, lettuce? The school I sub at does not offer Lenten fare so I made up a trail mix for lunch.

1 large package of dried cherries
1 large package of dried cranberries
1 large package of dried blueberries
1 cup of raisins
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
1 package of MM's (Chocolate, don't you know?) or chocolate chips

Mix all together and enjoy for a week. Store in airtight container.

1 comment:

Agata said...

Great idea! The dried fruit (mmmmm dried cherries and blueberries) makes my mouth water :) I'm not sure how I got over my memories of Lenten fish sticks, but thankfully I did. Getting my husband, a non-Catholic and an avid steak lover, to accept Lent's Friday dinners took some culinary creativity, but it was worth it. On Good Friday I got to watch him scarf down a plate of oven fried tofu, sauteed veggies, and rice! Oh happy day :)