Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stash Shawl

I'm trying to be very good, really I am. I'm slowly using up my enormous stash of yarn. I have frogged the Stolen Moments shawl. I just wasn't feeling the love. So I found a pattern for a scarf and tweaked it. Well, to be honest, I totally re-did it.



Using a worsted weight yarn (I think it was a Knit Picks or it may have been a Cascade wool) and size 19 straights, cast on 40 stitches.

Knit 3 rows
Row 4: K1, (YO, K2tog until you have one stitch left), K1
Row 5: K2, P36, K2
Row 6: K40
Row 7: K2, P36, K2

Repeat Rows 4-7 until you have your desired length.

Knit 3 final rows to finish. Block.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too bad about the Stolen Moments shawl. After seeing it on your blog, I ended up making it. However, I made it with a DK weight yarn, Araucania Ulmo, and it turned out as a lacy scarf. You can see a pic of it on ravelry. I'm pigtailsx3.

Lil Knitter said...

Loving this one...can't wait to see it finished!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern. I do like to know if you double the yarn or not. I have a lot of stash yarns in my closet and I need to do something with it.

Edwin

Christy said...

Edwin,
I didn't double strand. I wanted the holes really big and almost lacy.

But that's not say you can't double it. It would just make the holes smaller.

Christy