Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weasel's Scarf

In an earlier post, I wrote about my weasel husband and his almost superhero-like ability to lose knitted items. I started a scarf but wanted something easy but not garter. He's just going to lose or destroy it anyway.

Using size 10.5 needles and a bulky weight yarn (I used the two Louet Riverstone yarns left over from his third hat--but I'm not bitter), cast on 16 stitches in one color of your choice. I started with the gray.

Knit first four rows
Row 5: K4, P4, K8
Repeat for 20 rows total. This will form a strip of stockinette and reverse stockinette on each side, making the scarf semi-reversible.
Switch to other color. I used the dark blue.
First blue row: K8, P4, K4
Knit this for 20 times total.

Continue pattern until it reaches the length you'd like. The pattern makes an elongated basket weave.

Knit last four rows and cast off.

No comments: