Monday, August 6, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire



I can't wait to be "secret agent knitter" to someone! Here are my answers for my secret swap partner as requested on Secret Pal 11 blog

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like unusual fibers (hemp, soy, etc) that you don't see everyday. I love alpaca. Not a big boucle fan, in fact, pretty much ick.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a three door storage set that I put my straights. My Knit Picks are in their case. DPN's are in a case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting in earnest for two and half years since I broke my wrist. Knitting was the therapy. I'm a knitting mutt. A LYS taught me the knit stitch. A friend showed me the purl. Another friend showed me how to bind off. I'm past beginner and moving into intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes with Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Love soft florals like lavender and rose. Also cleaner scents like the "rain" or "ocean". My fave perfume is Amazing Grace by Philosophy.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I have 32 sweet teeth. Chocolate, preferably dark with raspberries, cherries or strawberries. My favorite candy bar is Skor and Peppermint Patties.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm learning crochet, very, very slowly. A friend is teaching me to quilt. I love to bake. Spinning is an art which I have even attempted yet! I do like to hand dye yarn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Irish music, soft rock. My computer can do almost anything. The trick is I don't know how to do it. Most of my music listening is a CD in the car b/c I'm in it A LOT.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Colors that remind you of the beach (soft colors)--taupes, blues, grays, greens, creams, etc. Don't like very bold, bright colors like oranges usually.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

SAHM of two children with two large inside hairy dogs and two outside cats. Fortunately, my stash is isolated away from pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I do wear hats, scarves and ponchos. Not a glove/mitten fan.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Shawls and scarves. Learning but love lace.

13. What are you knitting right now?

2 afghans, a tank top, three scarves, a block for a charity quilt and a ponchette

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Anything chocolate. If it's fiber related, softness is a biggie. I never get to knit anything for myself so it would be an aweseom treat to get something!

On the reverse, I don't think my knitting skill level is good enough to give as gifts (except to my kids who don't know any better). I see glaring holes and mistakes in everything I knit.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Metal circs like my Knit Picks Options

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes to both. Hubby made me the swift. I don't know what I did without them.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I'm ashamed to say a year old and it's the block for the charity quilt. Bad me.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas and Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Different and unusual types of yarn (they usually stay in my stash until I find the perfect project for them.) Tulips--they make me happy. Scooby Doo



20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'd love to look at No Sheep for You but my library doesn't have it and apparently neither does any library in Georgia.

I get Creative Knitting which I love.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to learn socks--just to say I can do it.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?


No. I don't know my measurements but I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

Early March

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

No but there's only about 400 in front of me. Correction: I'm in under hissyknit.

No comments: