Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekly Warning 4/19/08

Don't talk to guys dressed like the Statue of Liberty.

You would think that is a no-brainer but nooooooo, I made the mistake of saying "Hi" to an embattled middle aged, toga attired employee of a tax preparer who was holding a large sign advertising their fast refunds. His compatriot, Uncle Sam, was apparently oogling a pizza delivery girl and too busy to do anything else.

After Lady Liberty snarled a short reply to my friendly hello, I realized well, he's embarrassed. But that is not an excuse to be rude. I then pointed out to my children especially Wesley that you might end up having to don a sheet and a Styrofoam headpiece if you don't stay in school and listen to Mommy.

Our not so proud National Monument impersonator huffed and puffed. As my kids and I walked away, Wesley remarked on how cool it would be to do that job. Great, my son aspires to be a disgruntled statue in drag.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOL.. we have tax preparers here that do the same thing. What makes them think that a surly guy dressed like the Statue of Liberty is going to attract business? It makes me want to go anywhere but there!

ikkinlala said...

I think you came up with the perfect reaction, even if it didn't have the intended effect on Wesley.

Tiffany said...

HA! We had one of those on the corner back home... waved and yelled... I didn't even look at them...
Just checking in on ya. Do you need a refill? =)
And what do you think of carmel macchiatto (or however you spell it...)