Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weekly Warning 6/1/08

When traveling with young kids, be sure to bring an extra set of underwear that's in easy reach.

After FIFTEEN straight hours (yes, you read right)in a van with two children, things can, well, get tense and stressful. Yelling and feet stomping are the norm and the children were not much better either.

We roll into Pintlala, Alabama looking for a restroom and/or Burger King. Preferably a restroom because Wesley is bouncing in his seat from having to pee. We find a restroom and Wesley completes his business. I buckle Wesley up and turn to Regan. She promptly spills her rainbow slushie all over me. I look like an escapee from the Lucky Charms factory.

I packed an extra set of clothes for both kids in my tote for such emergencies but did I pack for myself? Nope, no, nada. My suitcase is, of course, on the bottom of the luggage pile. So I had to sit in a freezing pile of melting, sticky slushie goo drenching my pants and shirt all the way to Galveston, TX. I also didn't notice the slushie spillover onto my purse and brush. Did you know cherry syrup, while it smells good, makes your hair stand up like you just sprayed four cans of Aqua Net on it?

When people at a truck stop look at you funny and give you a wide berth, you know it's not a good thing.

1 comment:

Lil Knitter said...

ROFL...I just got a mental picture of that movie "Something About Mary".
You're finding new and creative ways to be colorful these days.
Hugs!