Saturday, May 31, 2008

Secret Pal Swap Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like all yarn except scratchy. Ick, ick, ick. I'm partial to alpaca but will use everything.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Knit Picks are in their case, lovingly put away. I have a tool box for my straights and three drawer storage for my notions.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for almost four years. I'm a knitting mutt. I learned to cast on and knit at a LYS, purl with a friend and bind off with another. An elderly lady taught me several years ago but it didn't "take" at the time. I'm an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavender and roses. Not too heavy. I like Brighton Laugh Cologne and Philosophy's Amazing Grace

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Does a whole mouth count? Love, love, love chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I tried soapmaking but it didn't hold my interest and the second degree burns on my hands didn't help either. Decoupage is the devil's medium. So the answer is no, I'm not crafty elsewhere. I don't spin either as my children would completely tear up any spinning wheel.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love Celtic and soft rock (CCR, the Eagles, etc) I do have a cd and an mp3.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love muted beach colors like blue, green, taupe, peach, etc. I don't like bold colors like orange, lime green, etc.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married with two human children and two canine children. The canines are evil and the children are lovable but destructive.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves and shawls and hats.

13. What are you knitting right now? 2 shawls.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? KP Options all the way. I feel like a cheerleader.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I recently frogged back all the UFOs but I do have a sock that needs completing. It's about four months old.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas followed by Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect? Scooby Doo, Texas stuff.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Creative Kntting is my only subscription. I have too many books.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I just would like to improve my lace knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm a novice sock knitter. I've tried to get addicted but I don't see it.

23. When is your birthday? Early March

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Hissyknit on KR and Ravelry.

No comments: