Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spouse Meme

Kimberly tagged me with a spouse meme!

Where did you meet? It was in March, 1994. I was working a part time job at Eckerd and he was a new manager. When I walked in to start my shift, I noticed the new People magazine was in. I started reading it and Dave was a sweetie to let me finish. And he didn't even fire me.

How long did you date? About 1 1/2 years. We got married about 5 months afterward

How old is he? He is 41. One year and one month older than me.

Who eats more? Depends on what we're eating. If it's sweet, I'm the pig. If it's fried, he's the hog.

Who said “I love you” first? I did about three months after we started dating. Then the fear of "OH MY GOSH" came into his eyes and he immediately left that night. Talk about throwing cold water on someone.

Who is taller? Dave. I'm a midget in in-law family of abnormal giants.

Who sings better? Dave has a wonderful voice. Me, I can't carry a tune in a bucket

Who is smarter? We're both bright in our own spots. Dave is very technical minded (aka computer geek) while I can pick up new skills very quickly.

Whose temper is worse? Well, I can snap if someone looks at me funny but I get over it quickly. Dave is very slow to anger but God help the fool who angers him.

Who does the laundry? Dave does about 75% and I'll do the rest under gun point.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Facing the bed? Dave

Who pays the bills? Me and I whine the entire time. It' a wonder he's not divorced me yet.

Who cooks dinner? Both of us do.

Who drives when you are together? Dave b/c I drive like a maniac and he's always hanging to his seatbelt.

Who is more stubborn? Me.

Who kissed whom first? I think we both did. Our noses boinked.


Who is the first to admit to being wrong?
Dave. I tell you he's a saint.

Whose parents do you see the most? Every Friday night, it's a standing eat out dinner with the in-laws. My mom is in Texas and my dad died several years ago. So either way, it's hard to see my parents a lot.

Who proposed? Dave did. We were at a steakhouse on a Friday night 11/22/96 when he had our waitress briing out a giant chocolate chip cookie with "Marry me, Christy" written in icing on it. He held the ring out over the cookie. The entire restuarant apparently knew about this and when I said yes, everyone applauded.

What’s his best physical attribute? I love his smile and hairy chest.

Who has more friends? Dave. I'm a bit anti-social.

What are you most proud of him for? He is totally self taught with computers. He never took one class yet he's one of the most knowledgeable computer people I know. He also is one of the sweetest and honest guys I've ever met.

Who has more siblings? Oh, that'd be me. Six brothers and sisters. He's got a paltry group of three sibs.

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we both share the pants. Not that I fit into his jeans because that would mean I need to diet.

My tagees? Lil Knitter, Knitsabella, Tiffany, Crazzy Bunny and Cindy

1 comment:

Tally Knits said...

That was fun and I loved some of your answers (too funny!). I got the yarn from the contest and I love it! Thanks so much! I actually just finished a project with the Andes wool and was wanting more, so that was a neat surprise!