Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cocoa Swap Question of the Week

What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood?

The first memory that popped in my head was smashing Stacy Cook's fingers in a bathroom door during a Brownie meeting. She cheated at musical chairs and started to make fun of me in the girl's restroom. I got mad and grabbed her hand. Shoved it in the door and closed it. Really mean I know and if you're reading this Stacy, I'm sorry.

Let's see....My favorite memory is spending a week during a summer at my Aunt Erna's house in Beaumont, Texas when I was six. We (my younger brother and cousin Johnnie) went to Sea Rim Texas State Park on the Gulf Coast and accidentally set fire to the beach with sparklers. And if we didn't have enough sparks, there was a July 4th firework display. We bought three helium balloons and tied a bologna sandwich to see if it would float away. It fell on a couple three rows down.

No comments: