Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sock Knitter In Training!



The low wattage light bulb that is my brain flickered to life. I took a Magic Loop class offered by Main Street Yarns in Watkinsville. Anita, my instructor and a complete knitting genius, explained what made the Magic Loop method, well, magic.

I have started my sock and next class is the gusset. For those who are leery of knitting socks, let me tell you---I was also intimidated. I read the Magic Loop book and nothing. I watched an instructional video--zippo. I looked on the net--nada. But hands on instruction is the way to go. I understand the basic construction of socks which was my "a-ha" moment.




Don't be afraid of messing up. I did lots of things--I knitted with my tail. I only knitted one side of the loop. Dropped stitches. You name it and I did it. But as the lead sentence said--somewhere in the middle of fumbling with the cord, it clicked.

And don't get me started on the new yummy sock yarns. I'm knitting my first pair with Lorna Laces Sportweight Sock yarn in this incredible colorway (Watercolor)

No comments: