Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Knitting with Spider Webs




Another Fleece Artist yarn added to my stash. I just can't get enough of their colorways. I don't know how they do it but their colors are the most incredible. Some are muted and some are jewel-toned. My secret swap partner gave me a beautiful colorway (Glacier) in their Camelspun line and I've got a seasilk skein in their Rose Garden. This month, I bought on eBay a shawl kit in their Ivory silk line which is the same color above.

It's a dream to knit although it is extremely lightweight like a spiderweb. The shawl will not be used for warmth but a wonderful accent piece. A pattern for the shawl comes with the skein but of course, I tweaked it. I slipped all first stitches and did the increases in the second stitch. Here it is in the beginning stages of the triangular shawl and the skein.



No comments: