Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Potato Chip Scarf Ickiness

I tried. I started a potato chip scarf and finished it. It's....well...it's trendy and my niece loves it. Binding off took one whole day. My hand is cramped and to be honest, I won't be doing it again. When you have to take Tylenol after knitting, it's not a good pattern for you.



Ray is modeling it. She is not actually hanging herself. It's her impersonation of a Vanna White model.

Wesley wanted to be in the picture but he didn't want to model the scarf so here he is with Ray.



Sweet pie kids? Well, most of the time but they're mine so I'll keep them.

6 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

So this is the Potato Chip scarf I have been reading so many people talk about. I won't be knitting it now that I've read your post. I don't really do trendy. :P
I hope you all had a great Christmas and here's wishing you all a wonderful Happy New Year!
Hugs!

smariek said...

Is that done on the long side (gazillion stitches per row, instead of fewer stitches)? If so, my attention span and time is so limited, it would never get finished.

Anonymous said...

I have created many of these and they are just awesome to crochet. So if you crochet as well as knit, I encourage you to try the crochet pattern. I can do one of these scarves in about 4 hours; start to finish. I've been using Red Heart Worsted Weight yarn. I can do one scarf with only one solid skein of yarn and just over one skein with an ombre yarn. Hope this helps!

Linda Mae B said...

I've made the potato chip scarf and will make more! I have a very easy pattern because I am still doing only simple things, as I learn. It took very little time to bind of...will share if interested.

Anonymous said...

Linda,
I would love to see how you bound off!
Thanks,
Christy

Gingerbread Cookie Recipes said...

Loved rreading this thanks