Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekly Warning 11/9/08

Bringing donuts to poll workers does not constitute voter fraud.

I was just being considerate. Most of the poll workers in my county are volunteers. I thought it would be nice if they knew their volunteer work is appreciate so I stopped off at Publix and picked up a dozen jelly donuts.

The poll workers were very grateful and I was patting myself on the back (after wiping the donut glaze from my fingers) when a disgruntled, impatient voter mutters, "Won't get your man elected."

Now I wasn't preaching politics nor trying to cut in line. I voted a month ago, thank you very much. I don't even have a bumper sticker, especially after tooling around for two months with my hubby's campaign magnet on my car.

I thought about being rude and I even had an insult. I pondering unplugging this guy's voting machine. I'm pretty sure that's illegal and I did have Ray and Wesley with me. What kind of role model would I be if I was committed a felony?

What I did do was let Regan take the last "Georgia Voter" sticker before the rude man could get it. Sometimes niceness is vastly overrated.

1 comment:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

"What kind of role model would I be if I was committed a felony?"
I guess that depends on if you got away with it. :)

I wonder if Mr. Grumpypants would have had an apology or another rude comment if you'd offered him a donut? I'm glad you didn't, it's not worth the price of a donut to get an exact measure of how much of a jerk he was.